Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Teacher Tuesday: Miss. Hunter

O.K. seriously she is a teacher after my own heart! BARBIES?!! We totally need to play. I still have several of my Barbies, in good condition I might add. Maybe it's because she looks like a Barbie that she likes them so much. We could maybe have a Elementary School Barbie Day! Possibly have people bring barbies to donate to a local charity or girls bring their fave barbies in School Spirit attire? LOL There's yet another idea for our fabulous PTA. Let's put a pin in it! I also love that she used to make report cards for her friends. You're an inspiration. Thanks for letting us get to know you!
Without further ado. Here's Miss Hunter!

TEACHER SPOTLIGHT
I teach Kindergarten @ CENTRAL ELEMENTARY
Nonie Hunter


My name is  Miss Hunter.  I’m best known for one blue eye and one green eye! but I want to be known for making everyone around me feel important and loved.  I live in Utah but in my dreams I live in a beach house in San Diego, California. My mom grew up there and I’ve been there on a lot of vacations. It is so fun!  On the weekend you’ll find me at home, catching up on lots of projects.
There are 7 kids in my family. I’m the third oldest, but the oldest girl! When I was a kid i loved to play Barbies for sure! I had (and still have) quite the collection!  If I were a kid today I’d wear A lot of pink and yellow. Maybe an occasional tutu.  My best b-day present? My birthday is June 1st, so it’s either the last day of school or the start of a fun summer vacation! I went to China for my 12th birthday and again for my 24th birthday! Those were pretty good presents.
I would totally hide some Juicy red seedless grapes under my bed. They are the original fruit snacks!  My favorite meal of the day is dinner, because I have time to actually sit down and eat! 
Why a teacher? My mom and dad are both teachers, and my Grandma Janice taught kindergarten for a lot of years. Growing up I played school and was always the teacher. I would write little report cards for my friends and once made my younger siblings do an animal report for summer school. I had so many good teachers when I was in school and wanted to grow up to be just like them. I’m so glad I did, because it’s the best job in the world! I’ve been teaching for 4 years. The last 3 have been here at Central! Go Tigers! I love teaching art and reading and writing. I love it all, which is probably why I teach kindergarten!  My favorite season is Autumn. The air is crisp and a bit chilly, but I love the beautiful changing leaves, watching football, carving pumpkins, and wearing sweaters.
Some of the books I MUST HAVE are Madeline, Where the Wild Things Are, No David!, Are You My Mother?, and Stargirl.  Vacations are hard to come by so if I had a whole 2 weeks of pure vacation time I would  Go on a road trip and stop to take pictures at America’s strangest roadside attractions..
I am lucky today because I have the cutest students who tell me the sweetest things. B.T.W. I really can’t live without  My family. They make me smile and I really wish my super power was being in more than one place at a time, it would come in handy.
My life motto is It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.”
 
  Download Miss Hunter's Spotlight PDF here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment