Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Teacher Spotlight - Mrs. Mortensen - Kindergarten



Have you ever met a beautiful person and wonder if they're as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside? That is what first comes to mind when you meet this darling woman, Mrs. Mortensen. But no fear of skin deep beauty here! She is lovely through and through!  She has been married for just 2 months now, so balancing the life of a newlywed and a classroom of 5 year olds has to be a major accomplishment in and of itself. Mrs. Mortensen is fond of Hot Tamales, the candy...not the actual tamales...I think. She loves the Olive Garden, Basketball, plays the piano and just started loving to go to the gym. Her Favorite Quote is now another favorite of mine and it fits her quite well! I swear if you're looking for good quotes, ask a Teacher! "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep, loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
Grade(s) Taught: 2nd & Kindgergarten
Roots: Born in Provo, Utah but raised in Rock Springs, Wyoming. She graduated from BYU and majored in Human Development and Elementary Ed.
Teaching Motto: Good Listeners make Great Teachers!
Who or what inspired you to become a teacher? I am the only child of divorced parents and my Mom was a teacher. I spent my summers helping my Mom set up her Classroom. I tried to resist that pull to teaching, but she was such an amazing example to me, I found it to be such a natural thing.
My best day in the classroom was when: So many days...what to pick...I suppose my best day is whenever I see a kid showing real progress and a connection with what I'm trying to teach them. And looking back and realizing I helped get them there!
What’s your one must-have item for your classroom? Cleaning Supplies! I am all about Clean!
What was the last non-academic book you’ve read? 
The Miracle of Forgiveness by Spencer W. Kimball
What profession other than your own would you most like to attempt? I would probably go into Customer Service or some other sort of Leadership position. And why not make it one that will make lots of $$$!

No comments:

Post a Comment