Friday, September 6, 2013

Teacher Spotlight: Miss Crowder - 2nd Grade

Up for our first Spotlight is our newest 2nd Grade teacher, Miss Crowder! Miss Crowder comes to us from Orchard Elementary! This is her 2nd Year of Teaching 2nd Grade...Because it's the Best! Miss Crowder was born and raised in Virginia. She comes from a family of 4 kids and graduated in Elementary Education from BYU...GO Cougs! (No Disrespect to all you Ute and Aggies Fans.)
Here are a few questions she answered for me during our interview!


Teaching Motto:
Inspire Children with the Love of Learning!

Who or what inspired you to become a teacher?
When I was in High School I worked in a Daycare and realized I loved working with children. Also my older sister Brittany is a teacher and she inspired me to become one.

My Best day in the classroom was when?
Last year when I was working extra hard on Math with my class; I gave them a quiz and ALL the students did well. Days like that are so rewarding for a teacher. To see the growth and improvement in your students is amazing.

What's your one must-have item for your classroom?
Diet Coke!


If you could have one teacher superpower, what would it be?
I would duplicate/clone myself so that I could be in more than one place within the classroom at a time!

Who was the last non-academic book you've read?
A Million Miles and A Thousand Years: How I Learned to Live a Better Story by Donald Miller
"Very Good Book!"
  
What profession other than your own would you most like to attempt?
A Baker, because I love baking things! Or something to do with Crafts. Open my own Etsy Shop with stuff that I make!

Have a question you'd like to ask your fellow educators?
What's the secret to making your job work for you the best?

Thank you Miss Crowder for taking the time to letting us get to know you!








2 comments: