Thursday, February 6, 2014

Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Bodily - 1st Grade

If you haven’t met Mrs. Bodily yet, you are missing out! She is an amazing teacher and is just an all-around fun person to be around. I have had the pleasure of having both of my children in her class and seeing what a terrific teacher she is. I think some people have a gift for teaching and Mrs. Bodily definitely has that gift!

How long have you been teaching? This is my second year teaching. I’m new to the game and am so glad that I am teaching at such a wonderful school and to be with such a great team. 
What made you decide to become a teacher? I come from a family of educators and really grew to respect the profession. I just always knew that I wanted to be a teacher.
Roots: I was born in Provo, Utah and was raised in Orem. When I got married, my parents made my husband promise he would not take me away from Orem, needless to say, we’ll be there for a while.

I am the youngest of six. I have three sisters and two brothers. They’re all married now so our family is continually growing and I love it!

You started teaching at the school last year as Ms. Furr but throughout the year became Mrs. Bodily. Tell us a little about your hubby. 
My husband was born in Washington State and moved to Illinois when he was in high school. He moved to Utah when he was 17 to attend BYU. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he’ll graduate this April with his Masters in Engineering. We were married this past March. It was a year of many firsts for me and I would not recommend anyone do it that way, but it was really fun to share that experience with my students. Several of them came to our reception which was so fun!
(All of her students were invited to her wedding reception and even on her wedding day she was thinking about them. She posed for pictures with them and Mrs. Bodily and her husband hid Lego figurines around the room for the kids to find. I watched as children ran up to her to report how many figurines they had found and even while she was still greeting guests in line, she would stop and listen to her kids with an excited smile. She makes my sons feel like rock stars and they know that she loves and cares about them. Dedicated teacher indeed!)

What is your favorite…
Treat? I LOVE cupcakes! Cupcakes mixed into ice cream are so good that we probably shouldn't even talk about it. Anything sour, especially cherry flavored.
Restaurant? I like Zupas, Taco Amigo, P.F. Changs. I’m really good with anything as long as I don’t have to decide where to go.
Vacation spot? I love Disneyland! I think I’ve been there every year I’ve been alive
What do you love about teaching? I love seeing students explore new things. In the beginning of the year, they are so timid and nervous to be away for their homes for the first time, but around Christmas time they really open up with not only me, but the other students in our class. It’s like we are one huge family!

No comments:

Post a Comment